Snapchat has made a significant leap into the world of artificial intelligence with the launch of ‘My AI.’ This innovative feature, fueled by the advanced capabilities of ChatGPT, is designed to enrich user engagement and transform the Snapchat experience. Here is our simple, step-by-step tutorial on accessing and utilizing this exciting new feature.
What is Snapchat AI and What Does it Do?
Snapchat’s ‘My AI’ is an interactive chatbot that takes center stage on the app’s chat tab. This feature, built upon the robust framework of OpenAI’s ChatGPT, offers a dynamic user experience through text messages or voice notes.
Whether it’s answering queries, giving advice, assisting with travel plans, or suggesting captivating AR filters, ‘My AI’ does it all. It even recommends intriguing locations from Snapchat’s map tab.
One interesting aspect of ‘My AI’ is its capability to participate in your conversations with friends or in group chats by providing content-based responses that everyone can see and engage with. However, it’s important to keep in mind that although this feature is impressive, the bot’s responses may not always be entirely accurate or suitable for every situation.
How to Get Snapchat AI
Accessing Snapchat’s ‘My AI’ is straightforward and available to all users, regardless of whether you use the free or premium version. By default, this feature is enabled on your account, and you can verify its presence by visiting the Chats tab.
If you don’t see ‘My AI’ appearing, it might be because you have disabled updates, or your Snapchat app is outdated.
If that’s the case, consider updating your app. Once you’ve successfully updated your Snapchat app, simply follow these instructions.
- Open the Snapchat app on your device and navigate to the ‘Chats’ section, accessible from the bottom navigation bar.
- In the Chats list, ‘My AI’ should appear at the top. Tap on it to open the chat AI on Snapchat.
- A pop-up titled ‘Say Hi to My AI’ will appear. Go through the provided information and tap the ‘Okay’ button to initiate the conversation.
Voila! You’ve successfully activated Snapchat’s AI on your device. From now on, you can utilize it to ask a multitude of questions and receive responses, much like interacting with ChatGPT.
If ‘My AI’ still doesn’t show up after updating your Snapchat app, there may be a need to force-enable it. Continue reading for more information.
Force Enabling My AI
If you’re keen on accessing additional and experimental features that Snapchat offers, including ‘My AI,’ the Snapchat+ membership can be your way in. Here’s how you can go about it:
- To begin, launch the Snapchat app on your Android or iOS device. Once you’re on the camera screen, tap on the profile icon of your Bitmoji, which can be found at the corner of the screen. This will take you to your Snapchat profile.
- Next, tap on the Snapchat+ membership card. You’ll then see a list of features that come with the Plus membership. Take a moment to familiarize yourself with these, and then tap ‘Next.’
- Select the membership that suits your preferences and tap ‘Start Free Trial.’
- Once your subscription is active, go to the ‘Chats’ section from the bottom navigation bar. Here, you should see the ‘My AI’ chat. Tap on it to open and begin your conversation.
If you’re a first-time user of Snapchat+, you might have the option for a 7-day free trial, depending on your location. This trial period allows you to test ‘My AI’ and other features without charges. If you find that it’s not to your liking, you can opt-out before the trial ends and avoid any fees.
Ready to take your content to the next level? Contact us here at Content Dog today. Let us help you streamline your content!
Problems with Getting Snapchat My AI on Mobile
Despite the widespread rollout of the ‘My AI’ feature on Snapchat, some users may still encounter difficulties accessing it. Here are some potential issues and their corresponding solutions:
- Outdated Snapchat App: As mentioned earlier, if you cannot add ‘My AI’ to your Snapchat, your app version may be outdated. To resolve this, navigate to your device’s respective app store and update Snapchat to its latest version. Restart your phone as well.
- Persistent Issue After Update: If updating the app doesn’t solve the problem, try clearing Snapchat’s cache. This action can often rectify minor glitches and restore functionality.
- Unresolved Problems: If neither of the above solutions works, consider contacting Snapchat support for further assistance.
Can I Change My AI’s Name?
Yes, changing your Snapchat ‘My AI’ name is indeed possible. This allows for a more personalized and enjoyable experience on the platform. Here’s how you can go about it:
You’ll find various customization options once you’re in your AI chatbot’s friendship profile. You can change your AI chatbot’s name according to your preferences.
To do this, locate and click on the name ‘My AI.’ A box will then show up where you can input your preferred nickname. Once you’ve entered the new name, hit ‘Save.’ This way, you can customize your AI in any manner you like, adding a touch of personality to your interactions.
Remember, while ‘My AI’ doesn’t have a gender, Snapchat allows you to customize your AI to resemble a male or female. It adds another layer of personalization to your Snapchat experience.
Don’t let mediocre content hold you back. With Content Dog, unleash the potential of blog writing. Sign up now for a strategy session and transform how you create content.
Understanding How to Get Snapchat AI
Snapchat’s ‘My AI’ feature offers users a unique and personalized experience. From starting with the basic steps of launching Snapchat and navigating to your profile to selecting the Snapchat+ membership and starting a free trial, the process is relatively straightforward.
Any problems that arise are easily solvable with app updates and cache clearance.
If all else fails, Snapchat support is always available for assistance. As Snapchat continues to innovate and evolve, features like ‘My AI’ continue to redefine social media interactions. It’s an exciting time to be a part of the Snapchat community!
Last Updated on September 27, 2023 by Hilda Wong